Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Straight And Narrow


Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. (6) In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

acknowledge Him;” it is not a mere theoretic acknowledgment that is meant, but earnest penetrating cognizance, engaging the whole man. (Keil and Delitsch)

Acknowledge God in your jobs, in your classes, in your relationships, in your dwelling places, in your extracurricular activities, in a local church, in ministry, to your friends, to your parents, to your children, and to your teachers. Acknowledge Him by reading your Bible, by meditating on His truth, by memorizing Scripture, by practicing truth, by teaching scripture, and by letting your light shine.  Acknowledge Him by truly following him on the straight and narrow path.

Luke 9:61-62 ESV Yet another said, "I will follow you, Lord, but let me first say farewell to those at my home." (62) Jesus said to him, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God."

Men often say, I want to follow You Lord

     BUT...

Lord, let me see if my parents approve
Lord, let me get married...Once I have a family, I will follow You
Lord, let me first raise my kids...Then I’ll follow You
Lord, let our kids graduate high school...We work so much and are
     so busy...They have so many activities...When that's over we'll
     follow You then we’ll we’ll follow You
Lord, I want to follow now, BUT I want my boyfriend/husband or
     girlfriend/wife to follow as a pre-condition
Lord, I will follow You, BUT let me retire first
I would like to follow You Lord, BUT it’s too late now.
Lord, If I haven't followed YOU wholeheartedly already,
     what's the use?

Matthew 7:21 ESV "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

True acknowledgement of God is following the Lord.  True faith results in true following.  God's path is straight, His path is narrow, and He enables us to walk on the straight and narrow.  On which path are you?  What does your path say about your relationship to God?

No comments:

Post a Comment